|الوصف ||Reporting to: Director General (DG) of Water Establishment (WE) and WASH Officer|
Location: WE - Beirut
Duration of contract: 12 months
The consultant will primarily support the activities of the WE that are targeted directly to support the Lebanon Crisis Response Plan (LCRP) across the WASH sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Consultant will be stationed in the WEs’ facilities and provide direct support to the relevant WE DG and staff. The Consultant will report to DGs of the respective WE and the WASH Officer in the responsible field office on all operational matter and to the section WASH specialist in Beirut who will monitor progress against the agreed Terms of Reference (TOR) to deliver agreed outcomes. The Consultant will hold regular meetings with the WASH Specialist/Officers in the field and in Beirut office to establish objectives and update him/her on the key achievements in delivery of the TOR.
The Consultant will primarily, provide support to the WE in data basing and mapping water quality analysis and report on priority areas for intervention. Should the workload permit, the Consultant may be requested to work on other tasks related to stabilization, especially coordination with other stakeholders working in the area of water quality.
The Consultant will facilitate
the delivery of the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Develop a projects database and a water (monitoring) database to be supported by Windows and compatible with WE systems, to collate and archive water quality analysis data for the WASH sector in the respective WE region. Build upon existing databases within the WE, particularly those supporting existing GIS mapping to develop a database that is capable of collating data from a range of water sources, groundwater, surface water and rainwater/climatic. Ensure the databases are regularly updated and information shared with water sector database in the Lebanon Center for Water Conservation and Management (LCWCM).
• Seek input from the WASH sector, and work with WASH Sector Coordinator and UN staff in the respective field office to collate WASH sector information on water quality and input into database. Process requests for information by the WASH sector and with agreement of the WE provide data and products such as maps and graphs.
• Identify existing monitoring locations. Prepare a map of identified monitoring locations and projects in ArcGIS and update quarterly with any newly identified information.
• Identify existing and possible monitoring locations. Undertake regular field assessment missions with WE staff to provide support and training as necessary on water quality data sampling (lab analysis, quality factors and extraction) at identified monitoring sites. Collate and regularly update 'water quality' database on a periodic basis.
• Collate and download water monitoring data from any WE existing info. Collate and regularly update database on a periodic basis to be defined. Undertake field assessment missions to identify and supplement any missing water quality data from WE water sources.
• Undertake a gap analysis of available water data sites and correlate with projects across the region, and identify opportunities within approved and pending projects (based on vulnerability) to fill the monitoring gaps to facilitate stabilization efforts. Regularly review gap analysis using WASH sector monitoring quality data/project information, and communicate with WASH sector partners opportunities to include quality data monitoring into project implementation and improve WASH service provision to effect stabilization. Work with UN staff to identify requirements for any additional works/infrastructure to supplement existing water quality monitoring.
• Upon request from the WE, support the coordination of stakeholders involved in the water quality program, including preparation of meetings, and liaison with other International Organizations
• Provide monthly updates on data collection and their progress according to agreed report formats
• Provide monthly progress and status reports on WASH sector information collation
• Provide a handover report to the DG of the respective WE and WASH Specialist/Officer in the responsible field office, a prescribed format upon completion of the assignment together with soft copies of all related documents, designs, data collation and database analyses performed during the course of the assignment
• Monthly reports before the 5th of each month (conditional to receiving fee payment)
• Meeting minutes 3 days after meetings
• Field visit monitoring reports 3 days after the visit
• Data input into database within 3 days of receipt
• Advanced university degree in the field of water engineering, water resources and/or environmental management, GIS and information management or other related fields
• At least 5 years of experience in the water sector, preferably in project and database management
• Experience with international development cooperation agencies would be an advantage
• Computer and database literacy
• Good communication and networking skills
• Fluent in English and Arabic language skills, French would be an advantage